Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the bkl-ioctl tree with my fixes tree

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:02:35 +0200

On Tuesday 27 April 2010, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Today's linux-next merge of the bkl-ioctl tree got a aconflics in
> drivers/block/pktcdvd.c between commit
> 30d32c9015af1fa56795c5ba8d7d6635d6bef8bf ("pktcdvd: improve BKL and
> compat_ioctl.c usage") from my fixes tree and commit
> 1dd97d3d546aa14db7efa5366b21d1336b91379e ("Rename 'struct
> file_operations' 'ioctl' fn pointer to 'bkl_ioctl'") from the bkl-ioctl
> tree.
> 
> I used the version from my fixes tree for today.
> 
> Arnd, are you going to submit this change to Linus sometime soon, or
> should I drop it?

It's not clear yet how we do it. Ideally "pktcdvd: improve BKL and
compat_ioctl.c usage" should find its way into -rc1 in some way, but
we need to reshuffle the BKL removal trees to make that go in nicely.

Where is your fixes tree? Maybe Frederic can take all BKL related
patches from that into one of his trees.

	Arnd