Subject: Re: linux-next: April 27 (iscsi_ibft)

From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 19:01:21 -0400

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 09:13:16AM -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> when CONFIG_ACPI is not enabled:
> 
> drivers/firmware/iscsi_ibft_find.c:112: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/firmware/iscsi_ibft_find.c:112: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/firmware/iscsi_ibft_find.c:112: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'
> drivers/firmware/iscsi_ibft_find.c:112: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> drivers/firmware/iscsi_ibft_find.c:112: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'type name'

Yikes.

Randy, thank you for spotting this and sending an e-mail my way.

It is all b/c we now use the 'struct acpi_table_ibft *ibft_addr' which
is gone when !CONFIG_ACPI.

Peter, if we did in an #ifdef !CONFIG_ACPI in iscsi_ibft.h and included
a copy of the old ibft_struct that should work.

Or we make the code dependent on CONFIG_ACPI (in the Kconfig
file).

Peter, Randy: Which option do you think makes more sense?