Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the staging tree

From: Tobias Klauser <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 10:39:58 +0200

Hi Stephen,

On 2010-05-05 at 04:37:54 +0200, Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 May 2010 18:17:21 +0200 Tobias Klauser <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > I just built the current linux-next (20100503) with the patches applied
> > (including Greg's Kconfig change) on x86_64 with allmodconfig and wasn't
> > able to reproduce the build failure.
> > 
> > Any pointers on how to reproduce and/or fix this would be appreciated.
> 
> Of course, if you force this driver to be built in (as Greg's Kconfig
> change presumably did), then you won't get these errors.
> 
> The real solution is that SERIAL_ALTERA_JTAGUART_CONSOLE needs to depend
> on SERIAL_ALTERA_JTAGUART=y (instead of just SERIAL_ALTERA_JTAGUART) and
> similarly for the other.

Thanks for your help! I resubmitted an updated version of the patches
([1], [2]) including the changes pointed out above (compile tested
against linux-next as of 20100505 with allmodconfig on x86_64).

[1] Message-Id:
[email-masked]
[2] Message-Id:
[email-masked]

Cheers,
Tobias