Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the staging tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 12:37:54 +1000

Hi Tobias,

On Mon, 3 May 2010 18:17:21 +0200 Tobias Klauser <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I just built the current linux-next (20100503) with the patches applied
> (including Greg's Kconfig change) on x86_64 with allmodconfig and wasn't
> able to reproduce the build failure.
> 
> Any pointers on how to reproduce and/or fix this would be appreciated.

Of course, if you force this driver to be built in (as Greg's Kconfig
change presumably did), then you won't get these errors.

The real solution is that SERIAL_ALTERA_JTAGUART_CONSOLE needs to depend
on SERIAL_ALTERA_JTAGUART=y (instead of just SERIAL_ALTERA_JTAGUART) and
similarly for the other.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/