Subject: [PATCH -next] usb: fix functionfs for CONFIG_NET disabled

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 09:41:12 -0700

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>

Fix functionfs build to handle CONFIG_NET not enabled, to prevent
these build errors:

ERROR: "netif_carrier_on" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "netif_carrier_off" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "skb_realloc_headroom" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "skb_trim" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "netif_rx" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "alloc_etherdev_mq" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "ethtool_op_get_link" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "free_netdev" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "register_netdev" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "skb_push" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "skb_pull" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "dev_kfree_skb_any" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "skb_queue_tail" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "__alloc_skb" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "eth_type_trans" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "eth_validate_addr" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "skb_dequeue" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "unregister_netdev" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "__netif_schedule" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "skb_put" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "eth_mac_addr" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "dev_get_stats" [drivers/usb/gadget/g_ffs.ko] undefined!

Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Cc: Michal Nazarewicz <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/usb/gadget/Kconfig |    4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

--- linux-next-20100513.orig/drivers/usb/gadget/Kconfig
+++ linux-next-20100513/drivers/usb/gadget/Kconfig
@@ -726,7 +726,7 @@ config USB_FUNCTIONFS
 
 config USB_FUNCTIONFS_ETH
 	bool "Include CDC ECM (Ethernet) function"
-	depends on USB_FUNCTIONFS
+	depends on USB_FUNCTIONFS && NET
 	help
 	  Include an CDC ECM (Ethernet) funcion in the CDC ECM (Funcion)
 	  Filesystem.  If you also say "y" to the RNDIS query below the
@@ -734,7 +734,7 @@ config USB_FUNCTIONFS_ETH
 
 config USB_FUNCTIONFS_RNDIS
 	bool "Include RNDIS (Ethernet) function"
-	depends on USB_FUNCTIONFS
+	depends on USB_FUNCTIONFS && NET
 	help
 	  Include an RNDIS (Ethernet) funcion in the Funcion Filesystem.
 	  If you also say "y" to the CDC ECM query above the gadget will