Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the block tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 13:37:10 +1000

Hi Jens,

After merging the block tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

block/blk-core.c: In function 'laptop_mode_timer_fn':
block/blk-core.c:503: error: too few arguments to function 'bdi_start_writeback'

Caused by commit e913fc825dc685a444cb4c1d0f9d32f372f59861 ("writeback:
fix WB_SYNC_NONE writeback from umount") from the block tree interacting
with commit 42bd225c0ba7c95af39293d39a950c48e7e5cb23 (""laptop-mode: Make
flushes per-device" fix") also from the block tree.  The merge
6205ed4658a0df8c2879519977bbed6853014016 should have changed the code in
block/blk-core.c that moved from mm/page-writeback.c.

Mind you, I think that the change to laptop_mode_timer_fn in commit
e913fc825dc685a444cb4c1d0f9d32f372f59861 was wrong anyway (the 0 should
have been added at the end, surely).

I have used the block tree from next-20100517 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/