Subject: Re: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the driver-core tree

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 09:47:30 -0700

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 04:18:43PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Greg,
> 
> After merging the driver-core tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
> allmodconfig) produced these warnings:
> 
> drivers/hid/hid-roccat-kone.c:694: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> drivers/hid/hid-roccat-kone.c:696: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> drivers/hid/hid-roccat-kone.c:701: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> drivers/hid/hid-roccat-kone.c:703: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> drivers/hid/hid-roccat-kone.c:708: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> drivers/hid/hid-roccat-kone.c:710: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> drivers/hid/hid-roccat-kone.c:715: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> drivers/hid/hid-roccat-kone.c:717: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> drivers/hid/hid-roccat-kone.c:722: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> drivers/hid/hid-roccat-kone.c:724: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> drivers/hid/hid-roccat-kone.c:729: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> drivers/hid/hid-roccat-kone.c:731: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> 
> Introduced by commit 867040163f10f2b52b45bc573f330d6eb28f5914 ("sysfs:
> add struct file* to bin_attr callbacks") from the driver-core tree
> interacting with commit 14bf62cde79423a02a590e02664ed29a36facec1 ("HID:
> add driver for Roccat Kone gaming mouse") from the hid tree.
> 
> I added the following patch:
> 
> From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 16:15:32 +1000
> Subject: [PATCH] hid: fix hid-roccat-kone for bin_attr API change
> 
> Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  drivers/hid/hid-roccat-kone.c |   24 ++++++++++++------------

That patch looks fine, but I can't take it in my tree as the HID tree
isn't merged with Linus's tree yet :(

thanks,

greg k-h