Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for May 27 (infiniband: qib)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 09:05:03 -0700

On Thu, 27 May 2010 15:26:28 +1000 Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> We are in the merge window again.  I remind you all not to add stuff for
> 2.6.36 to your linux-next trees until after 2.6.35-rc1.
> 
> Changes since 20100526:

when CONFIG_INFINIBAND_QIB=y and CONFIG_DCA=m:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `qib_update_sdma_dca':
qib_iba7322.c:(.text+0x409219): undefined reference to `dca3_get_tag'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `qib_update_rhdrq_dca':
qib_iba7322.c:(.text+0x40a1f9): undefined reference to `dca3_get_tag'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `qib_setup_7322_cleanup':
qib_iba7322.c:(.text+0x40f91f): undefined reference to `dca_remove_requester'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `qib_init_iba7322_funcs':
(.text+0x419b6f): undefined reference to `dca_add_requester'

However, it looks like qib needs to handle DCA config in a way that
is similar to how it is handled in drivers/net/{myri10ge,igb,ixgbe}/
instead of assuming that DCA is enabled.

And please fix the linux-next 2010-may-25 reported qib problem:
  http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/5/25/321

---
~Randy
*** Remember to use Documentation/SubmitChecklist when testing your code ***