Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for May 28 (tm6000)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 09:31:53 -0700

On Fri, 28 May 2010 15:27:18 +1000 Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> We are in the merge window again.  I remind you all not to add stuff for
> 2.6.36 to your linux-next trees until after 2.6.35-rc1.
> 
> Changes since 20100527:

drivers/staging/tm6000/Kconfig:

config VIDEO_TM6000_DVB
	bool "DVB Support for tm6000 based TV cards"
	depends on VIDEO_TM6000 && DVB_CORE && EXPERIMENTAL
	select DVB_ZL10353
	---help---
	  This adds support for DVB cards based on the tm5600/tm6000 chip.

Using a bool here when DVB_CORE=m converts a modular dependency to a =y one.
IOW, it can cause problems unless the code is ready to deal with it,
but it looks like tm6000 is not fully ready for that:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `tm6000_dvb_unregister':
(.text+0x953678): undefined reference to `dvb_frontend_detach'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `tm6000_dvb_unregister':
(.text+0x953691): undefined reference to `dvb_unregister_frontend'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `tm6000_dvb_unregister':
(.text+0x9536aa): undefined reference to `dvb_dmxdev_release'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `tm6000_dvb_unregister':
(.text+0x9536c0): undefined reference to `dvb_dmx_release'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `tm6000_dvb_unregister':
(.text+0x9536d5): undefined reference to `dvb_unregister_adapter'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `tm6000_dvb_register':
(.text+0x953994): undefined reference to `dvb_register_adapter'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `tm6000_dvb_register':
(.text+0x953a00): undefined reference to `dvb_register_frontend'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `tm6000_dvb_register':
(.text+0x953c3f): undefined reference to `dvb_dmx_init'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `tm6000_dvb_register':
(.text+0x953cd9): undefined reference to `dvb_dmxdev_init'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `tm6000_dvb_register':
(.text+0x953d30): undefined reference to `dvb_dmx_release'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `tm6000_dvb_register':
(.text+0x953d8f): undefined reference to `dvb_frontend_detach'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `tm6000_dvb_register':
(.text+0x953da8): undefined reference to `dvb_unregister_frontend'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `tm6000_dvb_register':
(.text+0x953dbd): undefined reference to `dvb_unregister_adapter'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `tm6000_urb_received':
tm6000-dvb.c:(.text+0x954684): undefined reference to `dvb_dmx_swfilter'

config file is attached.

---
~Randy
*** Remember to use Documentation/SubmitChecklist when testing your code ***