Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the vfs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 11:45:39 +1000

Hi Al,

After merging the vfs tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/spufs/file.c:1852: error: expected ';', ',' or ')' before 'int'
arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/spufs/file.c:1871: error: 'spufs_mfc_fsync' undeclared here (not in a function)

Caused by commit 05b2fc7d1f1046fef1199e1a4d2f63df998ef3aa ("drop unused
dentry argument to ->fsync").

My merge of the vfs tree was also bad because commit
facd07b07d2a7988f5ce849558838cc953847637 ("direct-io: add a hook for the
fs to provide its own submit_bio function") that entered Linus' tree in
the past 24 hours changed the prototype of __blockdev_direct_IO() and
that probably needs reflecting in the new __blockdev_direct_IO_newtrunc().

I have used the vfs tree from next-20100527 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/