Subject: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the idle-test tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 12:53:38 +1000

Hi Len,

After merging the idle-test tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced these warning:

drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:115: warning: missing braces around initializer
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:115: warning: (near initialization for 'nehalem_cstates[0].name')
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:115: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:115: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:125: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:125: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:126: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:126: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:127: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:127: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:128: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:128: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:132: warning: missing braces around initializer
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:132: warning: (near initialization for 'atom_cstates[0].name')
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:132: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:132: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:139: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:139: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:145: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:145: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:147: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:147: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:153: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:153: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:155: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/idle/intel_idle.c:155: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast

Introduced by commit dc81ce2e1b88c58e011971ab584ffb70a5caf887
("intel_idle: create a native cpuidle driver for select intel
processors").  You can't initialise a char[] with NULL ...
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/