Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the drbd tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 20:49:42 +1000

HI Jens,

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 12:45:15 +0200 Jens Axboe <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> So the pipe patches were the same, the problem was that a fix for a
> missing pipe_unlock() had gone into mainline and for-linus/for-next
> weren't synced up to that. I'm guessing you pull drbd before for-next
> and that is why it showed up there.

Actually, I merge the drbd tree after the block tree and this fell to the
drbd tree only because your for-next branch had not been updated (and I
don't merge your for-linus branch).

> BTW, I would recommend moving for-next from the block tree up before any
> potential other trees being based off it if that is the case.

That is already true.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/