Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the drbd tree with the block tree

From: Jens Axboe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 08:19:07 +0200

On Wed, Jun 02 2010, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the drbd tree got a conflict in
> fs/fs-writeback.c between commit f17625b318d9b151e7bd41e31223e9d89b2aaa77
> ("Revert "writeback: ensure that WB_SYNC_NONE writeback with sb pinned is
> sync"") from the block tree and commits
> 5c92877730b509fefc445bbba6b3bc441c2c272a ("writeback: fix early free of
> work struct") and dff38fd3d1d0914ac0715445bbe21fbce9abed15 ("writeback:
> fix non-integrity write-back") from the drbd tree.
> 
> I suspect this is caused because the drbd tree id based on a different
> version of the block tree to what is in the block tree for-next branch.
> I just used the version of this file from the block tree.

Yeah, I had to yank a few patches since they didn't quite work out in
Christophs testing. The for-next version in the block tree has it all,
so that approach works.

-- 
Jens Axboe