Subject: Re: next June 10: S390 build failure [arch/s390/kvm/kvm.ko]

From: Martin Schwidefsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:48:48 +0200

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:08:15 +0530
Sachin Sant <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Today's next fails to build on a s390 box with
> 
> ERROR: "__kvm_s390_vcpu_store_status" [arch/s390/kvm/kvm.ko] undefined!
> 
> Yesterday's next was good.

That is caused by git commit fbc5eec58e652339e9df1332cd5e10e8d8250aaf
which fails to take git commit 5288fbf0ef041ba0e8b4dcb2df4536b5e3a48b32
into account. There is a second caller of __kvm_s390_vcpu_store_status
in arch/s390/kvm/intercept.c. As far as I understand the code you could
just drop the 'static' from kvm_s390_vcpu_store_status and call it from
handle_stop instead of the old __kvm_s390_vcpu_store_status.

Carsten, Christian: could one of you have a look please?

-- 
blue skies,
   Martin.

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin.