Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the vfs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 10:01:21 +1000

Hi Al,

After merging the vfs tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) produced these warnings:

fs/cifs/cifsfs.c: In function 'cifs_drop_inode':
fs/cifs/cifsfs.c:481: warning: 'return' with a value, in function returning void
fs/cifs/cifsfs.c:483: warning: 'return' with a value, in function returning void
fs/cifs/cifsfs.c: At top level:
fs/cifs/cifsfs.c:491: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

Introduced by commit 12420ac341533f3715b3deb788637568f22b78ff ("cifs:
implement drop_inode superblock op") (which entered Linus' tree on June
28) interacting with commit 1fd3b83deb5125288bee98f32a41c3267b8ed534
("Make ->drop_inode() just return whether inode needs to be dropped")
from the vfs tree.  I guess the cifs tree was missed bye the vfs tree
update.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/