Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (kgdb tree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 14:05:56 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the final tree, next-20100726 build (i386 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

In file included from arch/x86/include/asm/uaccess.h:571,
                 from include/linux/uaccess.h:5,
                 from include/linux/highmem.h:6,
                 from include/linux/pagemap.h:10,
                 from kernel/trace/trace.c:24:
arch/x86/include/asm/uaccess_32.h: In function 'copy_from_user':
arch/x86/include/asm/uaccess_32.h:212: error: call to 'copy_from_user_overflow' declared with attribute error: copy_from_user() buffer size is not provably correct

Probably caused by commit e5738a3d75254c6d135ccad925e513ddb860967e
("ftrace,kdb: Extend kdb to be able to dump the ftrace buffer") from the
kgdb tree which turned off optimization (and therefore probably inlining)
for kernel/trace/trace.c ...

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/