Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (scsi tree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 16:05:30 +1000

Hi James,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `.qla82xx_wr_32':
(.text+0x183d0): multiple definition of `.qla82xx_wr_32'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.text+0x74630): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `.qla82xx_device_state_handler':
(.text+0x1d2b0): multiple definition of `.qla82xx_device_state_handler'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.text+0x7cf00): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `qla82xx_idc_unlock':
(.opd+0xbe8): multiple definition of `qla82xx_idc_unlock'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.opd+0x2fb8): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `.qla82xx_clear_drv_active':
(.text+0x1a490): multiple definition of `.qla82xx_clear_drv_active'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.text+0x76d04): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `qla82xx_pci_config':
(.opd+0x630): multiple definition of `qla82xx_pci_config'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.opd+0x2e98): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `.qla82xx_pci_mem_write_2M':
(.text+0x1c12c): multiple definition of `.qla82xx_pci_mem_write_2M'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.text+0x79620): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `.qla82xx_pci_get_crb_addr_2M':
(.text+0x16e4c): multiple definition of `.qla82xx_pci_get_crb_addr_2M'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.text+0x71944): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `.qla82xx_watchdog':
(.text+0x49d8): multiple definition of `.qla82xx_watchdog'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.text+0x74db8): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `qla82xx_pci_mem_write_2M':
(.opd+0xdf8): multiple definition of `qla82xx_pci_mem_write_2M'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.opd+0x3150): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `qla82xx_pci_get_crb_addr_2M':
(.opd+0xb28): multiple definition of `qla82xx_pci_get_crb_addr_2M'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.opd+0x2ce8): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `qla82xx_wr_32':
(.opd+0xc48): multiple definition of `qla82xx_wr_32'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.opd+0x2ef8): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `qla82xx_pci_mem_read_2M':
(.opd+0xde0): multiple definition of `qla82xx_pci_mem_read_2M'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.opd+0x3138): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `qla82xx_msix_rsp_q':
(.opd+0xa68): multiple definition of `qla82xx_msix_rsp_q'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.opd+0x2e50): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `.qla82xx_iospace_config':
(.text+0x4424): multiple definition of `.qla82xx_iospace_config'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.text+0x740b4): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `qla82xx_rd_32':
(.opd+0xbb8): multiple definition of `qla82xx_rd_32'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.opd+0x2f28): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `.qla82xx_idc_lock':
(.text+0x18030): multiple definition of `.qla82xx_idc_lock'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.text+0x7c464): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `.qla82xx_crb_win_lock':
(.text+0x18228): multiple definition of `.qla82xx_crb_win_lock'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.text+0x74824): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `.qla82xx_msix_rsp_q':
(.text+0x15c70): multiple definition of `.qla82xx_msix_rsp_q'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.text+0x72f80): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `qla82xx_watchdog':
(.opd+0x378): multiple definition of `qla82xx_watchdog'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.opd+0x2f58): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `.qla82xx_load_risc':
(.text+0x1d938): multiple definition of `.qla82xx_load_risc'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.text+0x7d44c): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `.qla82xx_disable_intrs':
(.text+0x185b8): multiple definition of `.qla82xx_disable_intrs'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.text+0x76b20): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `qla82xx_load_risc':
(.opd+0xeb8): multiple definition of `qla82xx_load_risc'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.opd+0x3390): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `qla82xx_crb_win_lock':
(.opd+0xc30): multiple definition of `qla82xx_crb_win_lock'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.opd+0x2f10): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `qla82xx_intr_handler':
(.opd+0xac8): multiple definition of `qla82xx_intr_handler'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.opd+0x3048): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `qla82xx_clear_drv_active':
(.opd+0xd50): multiple definition of `qla82xx_clear_drv_active'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.opd+0x3030): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `.qla82xx_enable_intrs':
(.text+0x187c0): multiple definition of `.qla82xx_enable_intrs'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.text+0x76c10): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `qla82xx_disable_intrs':
(.opd+0xc60): multiple definition of `qla82xx_disable_intrs'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.opd+0x3000): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `qla82xx_iospace_config':
(.opd+0x330): multiple definition of `qla82xx_iospace_config'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.opd+0x2eb0): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `.qla82xx_rd_32':
(.text+0x17b84): multiple definition of `.qla82xx_rd_32'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.text+0x74934): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `.qla82xx_pci_mem_read_2M':
(.text+0x1bbd0): multiple definition of `.qla82xx_pci_mem_read_2M'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.text+0x790c8): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `qla82xx_enable_intrs':
(.opd+0xc78): multiple definition of `qla82xx_enable_intrs'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.opd+0x3018): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `qla82xx_device_state_handler':
(.opd+0xe88): multiple definition of `qla82xx_device_state_handler'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.opd+0x3378): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `.qla82xx_idc_unlock':
(.text+0x17fbc): multiple definition of `.qla82xx_idc_unlock'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.text+0x752cc): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `.qla82xx_intr_handler':
(.text+0x1653c): multiple definition of `.qla82xx_intr_handler'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.text+0x76db4): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `.qla82xx_pci_config':
(.text+0xbd78): multiple definition of `.qla82xx_pci_config'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.text+0x74010): first defined here
drivers/scsi/qla4xxx/built-in.o: In function `qla82xx_idc_lock':
(.opd+0xc00): multiple definition of `qla82xx_idc_lock'
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o:(.opd+0x3318): first defined here

Caused by commit 4a60a4e243daf9e47487adbd1be1f816c95f57d0 ("[SCSI]
qla4xxx: Added support for ISP82XX").

I have left this broken for today.  Please fix it up ASAP.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/