Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (scsi-post-merge tree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 02:44:45 +1000

Hi ,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc allmodconfig)
failed like this:

ERROR: ".iscsi_boot_destroy_kset" [drivers/scsi/be2iscsi/be2iscsi.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".iscsi_boot_create_host_kset" [drivers/scsi/be2iscsi/be2iscsi.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".iscsi_boot_create_target" [drivers/scsi/be2iscsi/be2iscsi.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".iscsi_boot_create_initiator" [drivers/scsi/be2iscsi/be2iscsi.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".iscsi_boot_create_ethernet" [drivers/scsi/be2iscsi/be2iscsi.ko] undefined!

Caused by commit a33e2a708b2e83ee6111e45c8d3d49a112c3c887 ("[SCSI]
be2iscsi: Add support for iscsi boot").  For some reason, commit
ed94aa526655d915076dcdbbf4fc962b2a67fcb5 ("[SCSI] be2iscsi: select
ISCSI_BOOT_SYSFS") was not sufficient to make sure that
CONFIG_ISCSI_BOOT_SYSFS is defined for this build.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/