Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the workqueues tree with the Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 13:04:59 +1000

Hi Tejun,

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 21:42:33 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 13:34:55 +0200 Tejun Heo <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > I was thinking about sending pull request w/ a note describing how to
> > resolve the conflict.  Would pulling in master before requesting pull
> > be better?
> 
> Either would work.  Linus is fine with doing merge fixups and, after all,
> I figured it out. :-)
> 
> A description always helps, of course.

Linus has merged the cifs tree, so you could fix these conflicts in your
tree by merging the cifs tree that Linus' merged (rather than merging
against all of Linus' tree).   That would be commit
cb76d5e25008b76fb8e348c861d32659430ac3fa ("cifs: fsc should not default
to "on"") in Linus' tree.

Or you could leave it all to Linus if you want to.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/