Subject: linux-next: build error after merge of the kgdb tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 14:21:22 +1000

Hi Jason,

After merging the kgdb tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) produced this error (and hundreds of similar
errors/warnings):

In file included from include/linux/rculist.h:10,
                 from include/linux/dcache.h:6,
                 from include/linux/fs.h:375,
                 from include/linux/security.h:25,
                 from security/min_addr.c:3:
include/linux/rcupdate.h:606: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype

Caused by commit 9e213357d0aeaeb81e213cfd3b9415db5fccc1b5
("rcu,debug_core: allow the kernel debugger to reset the rcu stall
timer").  Some of these are errors because powerpc builds arch/powerpc
with -Werror.

I have used the kgdb tree from next-20100806 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/