Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for August 7 (IR)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 20:39:20 -0700

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 16:07:10 +1000 Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> As the merge window is open, please do not add 2.6.37 material to your
> linux-next included trees until after 2.6.36-rc1.
> 
> Changes since 20100806:

2 sets of IR build errors (2 .config files attached):

#5091:
ERROR: "ir_keydown" [drivers/media/video/ir-kbd-i2c.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "__ir_input_register" [drivers/media/video/ir-kbd-i2c.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "get_rc_map" [drivers/media/video/ir-kbd-i2c.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "ir_input_unregister" [drivers/media/video/ir-kbd-i2c.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "get_rc_map" [drivers/media/video/cx88/cx88xx.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "ir_repeat" [drivers/media/video/cx88/cx88xx.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "ir_input_unregister" [drivers/media/video/cx88/cx88xx.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "ir_keydown" [drivers/media/video/cx88/cx88xx.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "__ir_input_register" [drivers/media/video/cx88/cx88xx.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "get_rc_map" [drivers/media/video/bt8xx/bttv.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "ir_input_unregister" [drivers/media/video/bt8xx/bttv.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "__ir_input_register" [drivers/media/video/bt8xx/bttv.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "ir_g_keycode_from_table" [drivers/media/IR/ir-common.ko] undefined!

#5101:
(.text+0x8306e2): undefined reference to `ir_core_debug'
(.text+0x830729): undefined reference to `ir_core_debug'
ir-functions.c:(.text+0x830906): undefined reference to `ir_core_debug'
(.text+0x8309d8): undefined reference to `ir_g_keycode_from_table'
(.text+0x830acf): undefined reference to `ir_core_debug'
(.text+0x830b92): undefined reference to `ir_core_debug'
(.text+0x830bef): undefined reference to `ir_core_debug'
(.text+0x830c6a): undefined reference to `ir_core_debug'
(.text+0x830cf7): undefined reference to `ir_core_debug'
budget-ci.c:(.text+0x89f5c8): undefined reference to `ir_keydown'
budget-ci.c:(.text+0x8a0c58): undefined reference to `get_rc_map'
budget-ci.c:(.text+0x8a0c80): undefined reference to `__ir_input_register'
budget-ci.c:(.text+0x8a0ee0): undefined reference to `get_rc_map'
budget-ci.c:(.text+0x8a11cd): undefined reference to `ir_input_unregister'
(.text+0x8a8adb): undefined reference to `ir_input_unregister'
dvb-usb-remote.c:(.text+0x8a9188): undefined reference to `get_rc_map'
dvb-usb-remote.c:(.text+0x8a91b1): undefined reference to `__ir_input_register'
dvb-usb-remote.c:(.text+0x8a9238): undefined reference to `get_rc_map'
dib0700_core.c:(.text+0x8b04ca): undefined reference to `ir_keydown'
dib0700_devices.c:(.text+0x8b2ea8): undefined reference to `ir_keydown'
dib0700_devices.c:(.text+0x8b2ef0): undefined reference to `ir_keydown'

---
~Randy
*** Remember to use Documentation/SubmitChecklist when testing your code ***