Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the mfd tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 11:40:42 +1000

Hi Samuel,

After merging the mfd tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

drivers/mfd/tps6586x.c: In function 'tps6586x_add_subdevs':
drivers/mfd/tps6586x.c:272: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/mfd/tps6586x.c:273: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/mfd/tps6586x.c:275: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/mfd/tps6586x.c:275: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/mfd/tps6586x.c:278: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/mfd/tps6586x.c: In function 'tps6586x_i2c_probe':
drivers/mfd/tps6586x.c:324: warning: passing argument 2 of 'tps6586x_add_subdevs' from incompatible pointer type
drivers/mfd/tps6586x.c:265: note: expected 'struct tps6586x_platform_data *' but argument is of type 'struct tps6586x_platform_data *'
drivers/mfd/tps6586x.c:330: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

Caused by commit 8232c2794cf0e39b38d089eff49500461ecdbb8f ("mfd: Add
TPS6586x driver").  "struct tps6586x_platform_data" is not defined
anywhere ...

I have used the mfd tree from next-20100807 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/