Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (pci-current tree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:56:04 +1000

Hi Jesse,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_core.c: In function 'pciehp_probe':
drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_core.c:238: error: implicit declaration of function 'pciehp_acpi_slot_detection_check'

Caused by commit 28eb5f274a305bf3a13b2c80c4804d4515d05c64 ("PCI: PCIe:
Ask BIOS for control of all native services at once").  This function is
only declared if CONFIG_ACPI is defined.

I have reverted that commit for today (and the two that interact with it:
2bd50dd800b52245294cfceb56be62020cdc7515 "PCI: PCIe: Disable PCIe port
services during port initialization" and
271fb719cc472af3b1e96d8c527bb0da7060a172 "PCI: PCIe: Move PCIe PME code
to the pcie directory").
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/