Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (net tree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:09:27 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

drivers/net/built-in.o: In function `bfa_ioc_is_operational':
(.opd+0x1c6c8): multiple definition of `bfa_ioc_is_operational'
drivers/scsi/built-in.o:(.opd+0x1b1b0): first defined here

and many more ...

Caused by commit 8b230ed8ec96c933047dd0625cf95f739e4939a6 ("bna: Brocade
10Gb Ethernet device driver") interacting with commit a whole series of
patches to do with the Brocade BFA FC SCSI driver that are in Linus' tree
stretching back to v2.6.32-rc2.

I have reverted that net tree commit (and commit
f04b4dd2b1f533cef0507e0410ffc6732d21a272 ("bna: Delete get_flags and
set_flags ethtool methods") that depends on it).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/