Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the drivers-x86 tree

From: Dmitry Torokhov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 00:40:48 -0700

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 03:51:48AM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 11:59:50AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> 
> > After merging the drivers-x86 tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
> > ppc64_defconfig and x86_64 allmodconfig) produced this warning:
> 
> Oh Lordy. I should stop merging anything that contains "select". I'll 
> take a look at this tomorrow, but I'm about to head away for a week - if 
> anyone has a fix, feel free to find a way to get it merged.
> 
> (Dmitry, there was a Kconfig issue when I merged your patch, so it's 
> entirely plausible that you're a completely innocent bystander here)

Yeah, I think I am innocent here. My patch was adding "select
INPUT_SPARCEKMAP" which is a library module and which I ensure to be
selectable as long as INPUT is enabled. I do not want to switch it
around into "depends on" since it is implementation detail and user
should not care.

Thanks.

-- 
Dmitry