Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (net tree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:18:12 +1000

Hi ,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

drivers/net/starfire.c: In function 'starfire_init':
drivers/net/starfire.c:2081: error: negative width in bit-field '<anonymous>'

This is:
	BUILD_BUG_ON(sizeof(dma_addr_t) != sizeof(netdrv_addr_t));
in starfire_init().

Immediate cause is commit 56543af9563d91c1c5596a7980b416389bdea071
("starfire: use BUILD_BUG_ON for netdrv_addr_t").

The real cause is the complete mess at the start of starfire.c that
tries to determine if dma_addr_t is 64 bits or not ...

I have reverted that commit for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/