Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (net tree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 11:47:50 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the final tree, next-20100830 and later builds (s390
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/net/stmmac/stmmac_main.c: In function 'stmmac_adjust_link':
drivers/net/stmmac/stmmac_main.c:217: error: implicit declaration of function 'readl'
drivers/net/stmmac/stmmac_main.c:270: error: implicit declaration of function 'writel'
drivers/net/stmmac/stmmac_main.c: In function 'stmmac_dvr_probe':
drivers/net/stmmac/stmmac_main.c:1676: error: implicit declaration of function 'ioremap'
drivers/net/stmmac/stmmac_main.c:1676: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
drivers/net/stmmac/stmmac_main.c:1744: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
drivers/net/stmmac/stmmac_main.c:1760: error: implicit declaration of function 'iounmap'

Exposed by commit ac75791aa943c7953521cb4fa7728bf51f9abd2d ("stmmac:
remove dead option in the driver's Kconfig")  That allowed the driver to
be built on a lot more platforms that previously.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/