Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 12:12:01 +1000

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 12:10:23 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> After merging the tip tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
> produced this warning:
> 
> arch/x86/mm/init_64.c: In function 'kernel_physical_mapping_init':
> arch/x86/mm/init_64.c:601: warning: 'addr' may be used uninitialized in this function
> 
> The code does look suspicious ... 'addr' gets declared and then passed to
> a function, but is not set anywhere ...

Forgot to say:

Introduced by commit 9b861528a8012e7bc4d1f7bae07395b225331477 ("x86-64,
mem: Update all PGDs for direct mapping and vmemmap mapping changes").

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/