Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (mfd tree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:43:21 +1000

Hi Samuel,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `__crc_pwm_free':
(*ABS*+0x24ba6d1e): multiple definition of `__crc_pwm_free'
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `.pwm_free':
(.text+0x1ab3c): multiple definition of `.pwm_free'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.text+0x2620c): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `__crc_pwm_request':
(*ABS*+0xc1f4ec93): multiple definition of `__crc_pwm_request'
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `__crc_pwm_enable':
(*ABS*+0x9d09808d): multiple definition of `__crc_pwm_enable'
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `.pwm_enable':
(.text+0x1abc8): multiple definition of `.pwm_enable'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.text+0x26278): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `.pwm_request':
(.text+0x1a774): multiple definition of `.pwm_request'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.text+0x2604c): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `pwm_config':
(.opd+0x1ce0): multiple definition of `pwm_config'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.opd+0x3000): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `pwm_free':
(.opd+0x1d28): multiple definition of `pwm_free'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.opd+0x2fd0): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `pwm_request':
(.opd+0x1cf8): multiple definition of `pwm_request'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.opd+0x2f58): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `__crc_pwm_disable':
(*ABS*+0xb0493b18): multiple definition of `__crc_pwm_disable'
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `.pwm_disable':
(.text+0x1aa24): multiple definition of `.pwm_disable'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.text+0x2613c): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `pwm_enable':
(.opd+0x1d40): multiple definition of `pwm_enable'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.opd+0x2fe8): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `.pwm_config':
(.text+0x1a648): multiple definition of `.pwm_config'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.text+0x26358): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `pwm_disable':
(.opd+0x1d10): multiple definition of `pwm_disable'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.opd+0x2fb8): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `__crc_pwm_config':
(*ABS*+0xc23f5b9): multiple definition of `__crc_pwm_config'

Caused by commit 03f582a93ecca6e9584b622570022abf08ed03ec ("misc: Add
ab8500 pwm driver").  I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/