Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the mfd tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:54:47 +1000

Hi Samuel,

After merging the mfd tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `__tps6586x_read':
tps6586x.c:(.text+0xe4151): undefined reference to `i2c_smbus_read_byte_data'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `__tps6586x_write':
tps6586x.c:(.text+0xe4345): undefined reference to `i2c_smbus_write_byte_data'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `tps6586x_reads':
(.text+0xe4762): undefined reference to `i2c_smbus_read_i2c_block_data'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `tps6586x_writes':
(.text+0xe4894): undefined reference to `i2c_smbus_write_i2c_block_data'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `tps6586x_init':
tps6586x.c:(.init.text+0xc511): undefined reference to `i2c_register_driver'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `tps6586x_i2c_probe':
tps6586x.c:(.devinit.text+0x4ae6): undefined reference to `i2c_smbus_read_byte_data'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `tps6586x_exit':
tps6586x.c:(.exit.text+0x574): undefined reference to `i2c_del_driver'

Caused by commit 2d0a9a6d922712267ef62a5e8b38ed2b37cf45cc ("mfd: Add
basic tps6586x interrupt support").  Presumably a missing dependency.

I have used the mfd tree from next-20100915 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/