Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (hwpoison tree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:55:51 +1000

Hi Andi,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc allnoconfig)
failed like this:

mm/mprotect.o: In function `migrate_huge_page_move_mapping':
mprotect.c:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `migrate_huge_page_move_mapping'
mm/shmem.o:shmem.c:(.text+0x0): first defined here
mm/rmap.o: In function `migrate_huge_page_move_mapping':
rmap.c:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `migrate_huge_page_move_mapping'
mm/shmem.o:shmem.c:(.text+0x0): first defined here

Caused by commit 7b217c52ce7f33379beb27aa7685109fa74ed6bf ("hugetlb:
hugepage migration core").

This function is declared as "extern int ..." with a body in
include/linux/migrate.h for the non CONFIG_MIGRATION case.

I reverted the whole hwpoison tree for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/