Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for October 12 (scsi/bfa)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:14:14 -0700

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 16:35:52 +1100 Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi all,
> Changes since 20101011:

bfa has one function that probably uses too much stack space and a few
others that might be a problem.

With CONFIG_FRAME_WARN=1024:

drivers/scsi/bfa/bfad_im.c:939: warning: the frame size of 1604 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes

and with CONFIG_FRAME_WARN=512:

drivers/scsi/bfa/bfad.c: In function 'bfad_fcs_port_cfg':
drivers/scsi/bfa/bfad.c:900: warning: the frame size of 676 bytes is larger than 512 bytes
drivers/scsi/bfa/bfad_im.c: In function 'bfad_im_supported_speeds':
drivers/scsi/bfa/bfad_im.c:939: warning: the frame size of 1604 bytes is larger than 512 bytes
drivers/scsi/bfa/bfad_im.c: In function 'bfad_os_fc_host_init':
drivers/scsi/bfa/bfad_im.c:976: warning: the frame size of 736 bytes is larger than 512 bytes
drivers/scsi/bfa/bfa_fcs_lport.c: In function 'bfa_fcs_lport_fdmi_build_portattr_block':
drivers/scsi/bfa/bfa_fcs_lport.c:2010: warning: the frame size of 572 bytes is larger than 512 bytes
drivers/scsi/bfa/bfa_fcs_lport.c: In function 'bfa_fcs_lport_fdmi_build_rhba_pyld':
drivers/scsi/bfa/bfa_fcs_lport.c:1803: warning: the frame size of 784 bytes is larger than 512 bytes

Also, there are many comment blocks that begin with "/**", which means "beginning
of kernel-doc comment block" for Linux kernel code.  :(

---
~Randy
*** Remember to use Documentation/SubmitChecklist when testing your code ***