Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the oprofile tree with the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 13:18:28 +1100

Hi Robert,

Today's linux-next merge of the oprofile tree got a conflict in
arch/arm/oprofile/common.c between commit
38a81da2205f94e8a2a834b51a6b99c91fc7c2e8 ("perf events: Clean up pid
passing") from the tip tree and commit
3d90a00763b51e1db344a7430c966be723b67a29 ("oprofile: Abstract the
perf-events backend") from the oprofile tree.

The latter moved the code modified by the former, so I used the version
of this file from the oprofile tree.  I also applied the effect of the
tip tree patch to the new file drivers/oprofile/oprofile_perf.c:

diff --git a/drivers/oprofile/oprofile_perf.c b/drivers/oprofile/oprofile_perf.c
index b17235a..afbc43b 100644
--- a/drivers/oprofile/oprofile_perf.c
+++ b/drivers/oprofile/oprofile_perf.c
@@ -77,7 +77,7 @@ static int op_create_counter(int cpu, int event)
 		return 0;
 
 	pevent = perf_event_create_kernel_counter(&counter_config[event].attr,
-						  cpu, -1,
+						  cpu, NULL1,
 						  op_overflow_handler);
 
 	if (IS_ERR(pevent))
-- 
1.7.1

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/