Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:29:34 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the sound-asoc tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:28:28: error: sound/max98088.h: No such file or directory
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c: In function 'max98088_setup_eq1':
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1712: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1713: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1714: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1716: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1720: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1720: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1728: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1730: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1731: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1732: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1733: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1734: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c: In function 'max98088_setup_eq2':
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1759: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1760: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1761: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1763: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1767: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1767: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1775: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1777: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1778: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1779: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1780: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1781: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c: In function 'max98088_put_eq_enum':
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1800: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c: In function 'max98088_handle_eq_pdata':
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1851: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1852: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1861: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct max98088_eq_cfg'
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1861: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1876: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct max98088_eq_cfg'
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1876: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c: In function 'max98088_handle_pdata':
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1902: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1905: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1913: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c:1918: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

Caused by commit e65d255a5a610ce9e185e0df855250706aca7c21 ("ASoC: Add
max98088 CODEC driver").

Please, please build test what you are submitting.

I have used the sound-asoc tree from next-20101015 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/