Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for November 9 (acpi_video)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 17:06:21 -0800

On Tue, 9 Nov 2010 15:16:18 +1100 Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi all,
> Changes since 20101029:

one build had these errors:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `acpi_video_bus_put_one_device':
video.c:(.text+0x59bee): undefined reference to `thermal_cooling_device_unregister'
video.c:(.text+0x59bff): undefined reference to `video_output_unregister'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `acpi_video_device_find_cap':
video.c:(.text+0x5b3fc): undefined reference to `thermal_cooling_device_register'
video.c:(.text+0x5b57b): undefined reference to `video_output_register'

and another one had these errors:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `acpi_video_bus_put_one_device':
video.c:(.text+0xdc14a): undefined reference to `backlight_device_unregister'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `acpi_video_switch_brightness':
video.c:(.text+0xdc821): undefined reference to `backlight_force_update'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `acpi_video_device_find_cap':
video.c:(.text+0xdd8bd): undefined reference to `backlight_device_register'

---
~Randy
*** Remember to use Documentation/SubmitChecklist when testing your code ***