Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (wireless tree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:48:20 +1100

Hi John,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc allyesconfig)
failed like this:

drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl3945.o: In function `iwl_legacy_mac_reset_tsf':
(.opd+0xf00): multiple definition of `iwl_legacy_mac_reset_tsf'
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwlagn.o:(.opd+0x90): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl3945.o: In function `.iwl_legacy_mac_config':
(.text+0x50ae4): multiple definition of `.iwl_legacy_mac_config'
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwlagn.o:(.text+0x2b34): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl3945.o: In function `.iwl_legacy_mac_bss_info_changed':
(.text+0x4f778): multiple definition of `.iwl_legacy_mac_bss_info_changed'
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwlagn.o:(.text+0x17c8): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl3945.o: In function `.iwl_legacy_tx_cmd_protection':
(.text+0x4dfb0): multiple definition of `.iwl_legacy_tx_cmd_protection'
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwlagn.o:(.text+0x0): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl3945.o: In function `iwl_legacy_mac_bss_info_changed':
(.opd+0xee8): multiple definition of `iwl_legacy_mac_bss_info_changed'
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwlagn.o:(.opd+0x78): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl3945.o: In function `iwl_legacy_tx_cmd_protection':
(.opd+0xe70): multiple definition of `iwl_legacy_tx_cmd_protection'
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwlagn.o:(.opd+0x0): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl3945.o: In function `.iwl_isr_legacy':
(.text+0x4e0e0): multiple definition of `.iwl_isr_legacy'
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwlagn.o:(.text+0x130): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl3945.o: In function `.iwl_legacy_mac_reset_tsf':
(.text+0x50620): multiple definition of `.iwl_legacy_mac_reset_tsf'
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwlagn.o:(.text+0x2670): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl3945.o: In function `iwl_isr_legacy':
(.opd+0xe88): multiple definition of `iwl_isr_legacy'
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwlagn.o:(.opd+0x18): first defined here
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl3945.o: In function `iwl_legacy_mac_config':
(.opd+0xf18): multiple definition of `iwl_legacy_mac_config'
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwlagn.o:(.opd+0xa8): first defined here

I should have known when I reported the warning ...

Caused by commit dd0dd411f7178a20ea93a3cfa39123f078a07e25 ("iwlwifi: fix
modular legacy build errors").

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/