Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for November 29 (aesni-intel)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:31:05 -0800

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:03:35 +1100 Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi all,
> Changes since 20101126:

on i386 builds, I get tons of these (and more) errors:

arch/x86/crypto/aesni-intel_asm.S:841: Error: bad register name `%r12'
arch/x86/crypto/aesni-intel_asm.S:842: Error: bad register name `%r13'
arch/x86/crypto/aesni-intel_asm.S:843: Error: bad register name `%r14'
arch/x86/crypto/aesni-intel_asm.S:844: Error: bad register name `%rsp'
arch/x86/crypto/aesni-intel_asm.S:849: Error: bad register name `%rsp'
arch/x86/crypto/aesni-intel_asm.S:850: Error: bad register name `%rsp'
arch/x86/crypto/aesni-intel_asm.S:851: Error: bad register name `%r9'

even though the kernel .config file says:

CONFIG_CRYPTO_AES=m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_AES_586=m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_AES_NI_INTEL=m

Should arch/x86/crypto/aesni-intel_asm.S be testing
#ifdef CONFIG_X86_64
instead of
#ifdef __x86_64__
or does that not matter?

or is this a toolchain issue?

---
~Randy
*** Remember to use Documentation/SubmitChecklist when testing your code ***