Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the usb tree with Linus' tree

From: Felipe Balbi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 10:45:52 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 10:05:27AM +0200, Felipe Balbi wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 07:08:57PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
>>On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 02:01:22PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>>>Hi Greg,
>>>
>>>Today's linux-next merge of the usb tree got a conflict in
>>>drivers/usb/musb/blackfin.c drivers/usb/musb/musb_core.c
>>>drivers/usb/musb/musb_core.h between commit
>>>1e393c6eece048052d4131ec4dad3b98e35a98e2 ("USB: musb: blackfin: pm: make
>>>it work") from Linus' tree (v2.6.37-rc2) and various commits from the usb
>>>tree.
>>>
>>>It was not immediately obvious how to fix these up, so I just used the
>>>versions from the usb tree.  This may not be correct and it would be good
>>>if this was fixed properly in the usb tree.
>>
>>Hm.  Felipe, I'll merge in the -rc4 tree into usb-next if it makes sense
>>to do so now, can you send me the patch that ends up being the correct
>>merge?
>
>Sure, I'll check it now and send in a patch in a few minutes.

There are two commits you didn't have in your usb-next branch which are
in mainline. Reverting them will make greg/usb-next apply cleanly on top
of v2.6.47-rc4. The commits are:

32d5dc9520f0c6f60f691dd478741c774e292406 : USB: musb: pm: don't rely fully on clock support
1e393c6eece048052d4131ec4dad3b98e35a98e2 : USB: musb: blackfin: pm: make it work

Do you want me to rebase on top of -rc4 or is reverting those two enough
for you ? As a sidenote, the series I sent you already fixes those two
cases as we moved PM and clock handling entirely to glue layer, so those
two cases are taken care of on the series, reverting those patches won't
pose any regressions.

-- 
balbi