Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (mfd tree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 19:21:21 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `__crc_pwm_free':
(*ABS*+0x24ba6d1e): multiple definition of `__crc_pwm_free'
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `.pwm_free':
(.text+0x1a2bc): multiple definition of `.pwm_free'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.text+0x32e40): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `__crc_pwm_request':
(*ABS*+0xc1f4ec93): multiple definition of `__crc_pwm_request'
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `__crc_pwm_enable':
(*ABS*+0x9d09808d): multiple definition of `__crc_pwm_enable'
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `.pwm_enable':
(.text+0x1a348): multiple definition of `.pwm_enable'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.text+0x32eac): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `.pwm_request':
(.text+0x19ff4): multiple definition of `.pwm_request'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.text+0x32c80): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `pwm_config':
(.opd+0x1e48): multiple definition of `pwm_config'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.opd+0x4158): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `pwm_free':
(.opd+0x1e90): multiple definition of `pwm_free'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.opd+0x4128): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `pwm_request':
(.opd+0x1e60): multiple definition of `pwm_request'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.opd+0x40b0): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `__crc_pwm_disable':
(*ABS*+0xb0493b18): multiple definition of `__crc_pwm_disable'
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `.pwm_disable':
(.text+0x1a1a4): multiple definition of `.pwm_disable'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.text+0x32d70): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `pwm_enable':
(.opd+0x1ea8): multiple definition of `pwm_enable'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.opd+0x4140): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `.pwm_config':
(.text+0x19ec8): multiple definition of `.pwm_config'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.text+0x32f8c): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `pwm_disable':
(.opd+0x1e78): multiple definition of `pwm_disable'
drivers/misc/built-in.o:(.opd+0x4110): first defined here
drivers/mfd/built-in.o: In function `__crc_pwm_config':
(*ABS*+0xc23f5b9): multiple definition of `__crc_pwm_config'

Probably caused by commit 665ba7cafa19e2e2596ace30edc75ebec882e82d ("mfd:
Remove ARCH_U8500 dependency from AB8500") which allowed this driver to
be built in on PowerPC ...

Some of the above symbols are global in more than one place in our code ...

I have reverted that commit for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/