Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the sound tree with the s5p tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 11:50:24 +0000

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 08:11:56PM +0900, Kukjin Kim wrote:
> Takashi Iwai wrote:

> > > Anyway I need above commits from sound-2.6.git in my tree...
> > > so how method is better to me instead of cherry-pick it?

> > You can merge topic/asoc branch of sound git tree.
> > This brach contains the all necessary commits for ASoC and is almost
> > never rebased.

> But I can't merge it because there is no 'topic/asoc' branch in
> sound-2.6.git.
> (git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound-2.6.git)

> Is there another repository?

topic/asoc is in Takashi's tree and is equivalent to my for-next branch,
it usually lags it by only a small amount.  Takashi's tree is at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git

> And should I merge it in my tree even though don't need all of ASoC commits
> :-( ?
> I'm not sure how many commits are in there...

There's a lot of stuff in there but it shouldn't do any harm to
pre-merge (and we're almost at the merge window anyway).