Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the block tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 11:05:13 +1100

Hi Jens,

After merging the block tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o: In function `.pmf_get_function':
(.text+0x723c): undefined reference to `.kref_get'
arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o: In function `.pmf_unregister_driver':
(.text+0x72c8): undefined reference to `.kref_get'
arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o: In function `.pmf_do_functions':
(.text+0x793c): undefined reference to `.kref_get'
arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o: In function `.__pmf_find_function':
(.text+0x7c80): undefined reference to `.kref_get'
arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o: In function `.pmf_register_driver':
(.text+0x8044): undefined reference to `.kref_get'
arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o:(.text+0x8310): more undefined references to `.kref_get' follow
lib/lib.a(kref.o):(__ksymtab+0x10): undefined reference to `kref_get'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `.get_current_tty':
(.text+0x60970): undefined reference to `.kref_get'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `.__proc_set_tty':
tty_io.c:(.text+0x61624): undefined reference to `.kref_get'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `.tty_init_dev':
(.text+0x64d2c): undefined reference to `.kref_get'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `.tty_open':
tty_io.c:(.text+0x64ee4): undefined reference to `.kref_get'
tty_io.c:(.text+0x64f20): undefined reference to `.kref_get'
drivers/built-in.o:tty_io.c:(.text+0x64f58): more undefined references to `.kref_get' follow

Caused by commit 15454034cb3021d8bb9d21b4f35072a809197fdd ("block: add
internal hd part table references") which removes kref_get() instead of
kref_test_and_get()!

This really wasn't tested, right?

I have used the block tree from next-20110106 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/