Subject: Re: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the tty tree

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 21:49:47 -0800

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 12:59:08PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Greg,
> 
> On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 16:56:01 -0800 Greg KH <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, Kay just sent me a patch to fix this, which I will queue up after
> > .38-rc1 is out.
> 
> It is surely a pretty obvious patch, why not just do a quick test and
> send it on to Linus (or at least your tty-current tree)?
> 
> /me gets annoyed by more warnings than necessary - especially when they
> should have never been introduced in the first place.

Sorry, I try to keep patches that were not in -next from getting into
Linus's tree before -rc1, but you are right, this should be fixed.  I'll
forward it on later this week, or bundle it up in the "move tty drivers
around" patch that I have for Linus right after -rc1 is out.

thanks,

greg k-h