Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for January 11 (build errors/warnings summary)

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:14:23 -0800

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 14:33:57 +1100 Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> Reminder: do not add any v2.6.39 material to your linux-next included
> trees until after v2.6.38-rc1 is released.
> 
> Changes since 20110110:

drivers/thermal/thermal_sys.c build fails when CONFIG_NET is not enabled
Patch has been posted but not merged.

drivers/acpi/internal.h:94: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void

drivers/staging/ath6kl/os/linux/cfg80211.c:1378: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
drivers/staging/ath6kl/os/linux/cfg80211.c:1386: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
drivers/staging/ath6kl/os/linux/ioctl.c: In function 'ar6000_ioctl':
drivers/staging/ath6kl/os/linux/ioctl.c:4673: warning: the frame size of 1852 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes

drivers/staging/rt2860/common/mlme.c: In function 'BssTableSortByRssi':
drivers/staging/rt2860/common/mlme.c:4200: warning: the frame size of 1568 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
drivers/staging/rt2860/common/cmm_aes.c: In function 'AES_GTK_KEY_WRAP':
drivers/staging/rt2860/common/cmm_aes.c:1248: warning: the frame size of 1084 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
drivers/staging/rt2860/sta/sync.c: In function 'PeerBeaconAtScanAction':
drivers/staging/rt2860/sta/sync.c:663: warning: the frame size of 1248 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
drivers/staging/rt2860/sta/sync.c: In function 'PeerBeacon':
drivers/staging/rt2860/sta/sync.c:1697: warning: the frame size of 1296 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
drivers/staging/rt2860/sta/sync.c: In function 'PeerBeaconAtJoinAction':
drivers/staging/rt2860/sta/sync.c:1033: warning: the frame size of 1256 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
drivers/staging/rt2860/sta/sync.c: In function 'MlmeStartReqAction':
drivers/staging/rt2860/sta/sync.c:545: warning: the frame size of 1060 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
drivers/staging/rt2860/sta/connect.c: In function 'CntlOidScanProc':
drivers/staging/rt2860/sta/connect.c:321: warning: the frame size of 1596 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
drivers/staging/rt2860/rt_linux.c: In function 'send_monitor_packets':
drivers/staging/rt2860/rt_linux.c:903: warning: the frame size of 1080 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
drivers/staging/rt2860/sta_ioctl.c: In function 'rt_ioctl_iwaplist':
drivers/staging/rt2860/sta_ioctl.c:721: warning: the frame size of 1296 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
drivers/staging/rt2860/sta_ioctl.c: In function 'rt_ioctl_siwmlme':
drivers/staging/rt2860/sta_ioctl.c:1615: warning: the frame size of 1584 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes

drivers/staging/vt6655/device_main.c: In function 'device_ioctl':
drivers/staging/vt6655/device_main.c:3579: warning: the frame size of 1296 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
drivers/staging/vt6655/iwctl.c: In function 'iwctl_giwaplist':
drivers/staging/vt6655/iwctl.c:817: warning: the frame size of 1296 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes

drivers/media/radio/radio-aimslab.c:76: error: implicit declaration of function 'msleep'
(reported yesterday by Geert)

arch/x86/kernel/e820.c:734: error: implicit declaration of function 'suspend_nvs_register'
when CONFIG_ACPI is not enabled

fs/btrfs/ctree.h:1003: error: field 'super_kobj' has incomplete type
fs/btrfs/ctree.h:1074: error: field 'root_kobj' has incomplete type
needs <linux/kobject.h>
(already reported)

---
~Randy
*** Remember to use Documentation/SubmitChecklist when testing your code ***