Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 13:10:27 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (sparc32 defconfig)
failed like this:

In file included from arch/sparc/include/asm/pgtable_32.h:455,
                 from arch/sparc/include/asm/pgtable.h:6,
                 from include/linux/mm.h:41,
                 from arch/sparc/kernel/process_32.c:17:
include/asm-generic/pgtable.h: In function 'pmdp_get_and_clear':
include/asm-generic/pgtable.h:96: error: implicit declaration of function '__pmd'
include/asm-generic/pgtable.h:96: error: incompatible types when returning type 'int' but 'pmd_t' was expected

and *lots* more.

Caused by commit e2cda322648122dc400c85ada80eaddbc612ef6a ("thp: add pmd
mangling generic functions").  This has already been reported broken in
other architectures as well.

I have just left it for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/