Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:47:54 +1100

Hi Michal,

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 16:02:00 +0100 Michal Marek <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > _Maybe_ we could work around it by letting fixdep remove the actual
> > source file from the list of dependencies in the .cmd file. The
> > dependency on the .c / .S / whatever file is given by the Makefiles, the
> > .cmd file is only needed for additional dependencies on headers. Let's
> > see what else breaks then ;).
> 
> It seems to work for me. Can you try the patch below? It needs to be
> applied before merging 9599ec0 to have any effect.

Thanks, I will apply this as a fix on top of Linus' tree before I merge
anything else.  It looks simple enough that Linus may take it as a fix
right now.   Better to convince ourselves first, though, right?

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/