Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the mfd tree with the i.MX tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 18:31:43 +1100

Hi David,

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 09:35:28 +0100 David Jander <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Your fix seems correct, although I fear I am too dumb to understand why commit
> e84e545d47d26644275a79fe5ebc1797bcb80910 introduces this extra struct
> nesting.... AFAICS gcc will end up doing the same as without the extra nest.

Thanks.

> Btw, include/linux/mfd/mc13783.h should end up disappearing after you're done
> merging... I hope so.

That file is still included by several others:

$ git grep -w mfd/mc13783.h
arch/arm/mach-imx/mach-mx27_3ds.c:#include <linux/mfd/mc13783.h>
arch/arm/mach-imx/mach-pcm038.c:#include <linux/mfd/mc13783.h>
arch/arm/mach-mx3/mach-mx31_3ds.c:#include <linux/mfd/mc13783.h>
arch/arm/mach-mx3/mach-mx31lilly.c:#include <linux/mfd/mc13783.h>
arch/arm/mach-mx3/mach-mx31lite.c:#include <linux/mfd/mc13783.h>
arch/arm/mach-mx3/mach-mx31moboard.c:#include <linux/mfd/mc13783.h>
drivers/hwmon/mc13783-adc.c:#include <linux/mfd/mc13783.h>
drivers/input/touchscreen/mc13783_ts.c:#include <linux/mfd/mc13783.h>
drivers/leds/leds-mc13783.c:#include <linux/mfd/mc13783.h>
drivers/mfd/mc13xxx-core.c:#include <linux/mfd/mc13783.h>
drivers/regulator/mc13783-regulator.c:#include <linux/mfd/mc13783.h>

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/