Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the net tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 17:25:58 +1100

Hi Dave,

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 21:07:12 -0700 (PDT) David Miller <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:30:49 +1100
> 
> > So, if you merge the commit 1fb0ef31f428 ("genirq: Fix affinity notifier
> > fallout") from the tip tree, you will get exactly one new commit and will
> > fix your tree properly with no adverse effect on anyone else.
> 
> Thomas, how would you like me to do this?  Do you want to put that
> commit on a branch for me to pull from or should I apply it
> directly?

That commit is already the head of the irq/numa branch in the tip tree
(it is also on the irq/core branch).

Please merge that rather than cherry-picking the commit as that will
minimise the possibility of conflicts.  Pulling the irq/numa branch will
get you just that one fixup commit (as you have already merged up to the
immediately preceding commit).

I assume this makes sense, Thomas?  I just did a merge of the actual
fixup commit after merging the net tree.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/