Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (mfd tree related)

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:59:10 +1100

Hi Sam,

After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

drivers/mfd/max8997-irq.c:170: error: unknown field 'bus_lock' specified in initializer
drivers/mfd/max8997-irq.c:170: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
drivers/mfd/max8997-irq.c:171: error: unknown field 'bus_sync_unlock' specified in initializer
drivers/mfd/max8997-irq.c:171: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
drivers/mfd/max8997-irq.c:172: error: unknown field 'mask' specified in initializer
drivers/mfd/max8997-irq.c:172: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
drivers/mfd/max8997-irq.c:173: error: unknown field 'unmask' specified in initializer
drivers/mfd/max8997-irq.c:173: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

Caused by commit d7d21d394c9d ("mfd: Add MAX8997/8966 IRQ control feature").

The presence of these fields depends on
CONFIG_GENERIC_HARDIRQS_NO_DEPRECATED not being set.

I have reverted that commit for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/