Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the block tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 16:25:36 +1100

Hi,

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 13:08:51 +0900 Akinobu Mita <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Please remove "#include <asm-generic/bitops/le.h>" from this file.

Indeed that is required, or in some circumstances you get these errors
(from a powerpc allyesonfig build):

In file included from drivers/block/drbd/drbd_bitmap.c:32:
include/asm-generic/bitops/le.h:45: error: conflicting types for 'test_bit_le'
arch/powerpc/include/asm/bitops.h:284: note: previous definition of 'test_bit_le' was here
include/asm-generic/bitops/le.h:50: error: redefinition of '__set_bit_le'
arch/powerpc/include/asm/bitops.h:291: note: previous definition of '__set_bit_le' was here
include/asm-generic/bitops/le.h:55: error: redefinition of '__clear_bit_le'
arch/powerpc/include/asm/bitops.h:296: note: previous definition of '__clear_bit_le' was here
include/asm-generic/bitops/le.h:60: error: redefinition of 'test_and_set_bit_le'
arch/powerpc/include/asm/bitops.h:301: note: previous definition of 'test_and_set_bit_le' was here
include/asm-generic/bitops/le.h:65: error: redefinition of 'test_and_clear_bit_le'
arch/powerpc/include/asm/bitops.h:306: note: previous definition of 'test_and_clear_bit_le' was here
include/asm-generic/bitops/le.h:70: error: redefinition of '__test_and_set_bit_le'
arch/powerpc/include/asm/bitops.h:311: note: previous definition of '__test_and_set_bit_le' was here
include/asm-generic/bitops/le.h:75: error: redefinition of '__test_and_clear_bit_le'
arch/powerpc/include/asm/bitops.h:316: note: previous definition of '__test_and_clear_bit_le' was here

This is fixed by reverting commit f0ff1357ce39 ("drbd: need include for
bitops functions declarations").

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/