Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the hid tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 11:06:26 +1000

Hi Jiri,

After merging the hid tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

samples/hidraw/hid-example.c: In function 'main':
samples/hidraw/hid-example.c:103: warning: implicit declaration of function 'HIDIOCSFEATURE'
samples/hidraw/hid-example.c:111: warning: implicit declaration of function 'HIDIOCGFEATURE'
tmp/ccK96SHd.o: In function `main':
hid-example.c:(.text+0x205): undefined reference to `HIDIOCSFEATURE'
hid-example.c:(.text+0x23e): undefined reference to `HIDIOCGFEATURE'

Caused by commit c54ea4918c2b ("HID: Documentation for hidraw").  I can
only assume that linux/hidraw.h is being included from /usr/include and
not the kernel tree being built?

I have used the hid tree from next-20110406 for today.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/